Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Magical Halloween Part 2

So, to pick up right where I left off:

Saturday, October 29
After our soggy adventures at Animal Kingdom we hit up Epcot. Mommy loves Epcot, the food is so wonderful! I also love that you can walk around and learn so much about so many different counties around the world. It's not Daddy's favorite park, he thinks it's kinda boring. I think I just likes history and learning more than he does. Plus there are a several rides at Epcot that don't make Mommy feel yucky, so extra plus there!
I hope all your Disney dreams came true Monkey!

The good thing about Epcot was that there were lots of characters for you to meet (and me to take pics of!) Unfortunately, we got a very late start at Epcot because Daddy and I were doing our timeshare obligation so we could get some free park tickets. It was worth it, I think, because without that timeshare we wouldn't be able to go on so many trips. I want you to be a well traveled and full of great experiences! We have super cool trips planned for the next couple of years!! Anyway, we started our day with a pretty late lunch at The Coral Reef Restaurant in Epcot. There was a whole wall that was just glass! You loved looking at all the animals in the tank, especially the sea turtle that was playing hide and seek with us. You were also uber impressed with the ice cream sundae you got to decorate and then eat for dessert. 
It was the best ice cream you'd ever had!
After lunch we had to run around and try to squeeze in as much as possible. There were several rides and shows we wanted to make sure we got to. There was some stuff we missed, but it was still a wonderful day. You got to meet Mulan, Princess Aurora, Princess Jasmine and Aladdin! While we were there, the International Food & Wine Festival was happening. Now Mommy LOVES Disney, but I wasn't too impressed with all the drunk grownups running around, making inappropriate comments and gestures, and not having courtesy for the little ones. You really wanted to meet Snow White, but there was a huge line of intoxicated grownups and none of the little kids in line got to see her or take a picture with her. You were pretty disappointed, but thankfully Daddy and I were able to distract you and make it ok. 

Even prettier than Princess Jasmine!

Mulan was so sweet!

You were pretty excited about Princess Aurora!
This was the first year that Captain EO was open at Epcot again! Daddy and I were pretty excited about it, we both saw it when it was originally open in the '80's. Turns out, it was one of your favorite shows too! Not that it's all that surprising  that you have good taste, I mean, you are part of me and Daddy. It was just as great as I remembered, though maybe a little weirder that I remembered. You loved the dancing and the music, you were bopping along in your seat, it was so cute. You've been singing the song since we got back.
Ready for Captain EO to start
We managed to squeeze in Soarin', which was awesome too! You dropped your Mickey & Minnie pin on the ride, but the very nice people who got on after us found it and gave it back to you. Next time we go we will buy the pin locks that we found. That way you won't have to worry about losing any of your awesome pins. While we were roaming around, we passed by the Craisins display and they were nice enough to give you some samples to snack on. They were walking around in a big bed of cranberries showing how they make juice too, it was cool and gross at the same time. You liked the craisins, you also would have had more to enjoy except I sort of made the bag explode and we lost a lot of them, sorry baby!
Yummy Craisins

We also checked out the Land Pavilion and The Living Seas before we rode some rides. You got to learn about and see lots of new things. I love watching you learning stuff, it's like I can almost see your little brain filing away the information (usually so you can pull it out to ask me a million questions later.) It was a great day, all in all. I hope you thought so too!

You & Daddy at the Living Seas


Bruce ate Isabella!!



I'll try to be a little quicker with the next part, I have lots of stuff to write about! Love you Monkey-doo!






No comments:

Post a Comment