Monday, October 4, 2010

What a Nice Weekend

Hey Goose,

     This weekend was so much fun. We shopping together on Friday to get a gift for a birthday party we went to. You were so cute at the store, pointing out things you wanted us to buy for Evey and looking at some cute clothes. We got you a new outfit and you look freaking adorable in it. You got to spend some time with Daddy while I took a quick nap. You helped him pick up after Apollo and mow the grass (though, I must admit that it looked like Daddy was doing most of the work while you bounced on the trampoline.) You have been picking flowers for me everyday too. I’ve had shot glasses full of ground cover flowers and other weed flowers all over the house for at least a week now. So, thank you so much for my flowers! They are beautiful.

          Saturday we went to Evey’s 4th birthday party. I’ve known Evey’s Mommy for a long time, but you hadn’t met Evey yet. You guys were SOOO cute together. After you got over the “I’m Shy’s” that struck when we first walked in, you had a blast. There were water balloons, helium balloon faces, a Tinkerbelle piñata, and the pièce de résistance, the HUGE water slide. You and Evey were fast friends, even trying to climb the slide holding hands. At one point Evey tried to hug you and you both fell down. It’s strange to watch you making friends. I’m so glad you can be so social and outgoing. I love that you seem to walk in to a situation and adapt, or even take charge, almost immediately. It’s amazing to see this almost grown up side of you, an Isabella who introduces herself and asks for help and is sweet and polite. Evey’s Mommy and I decided that we are going to have to get you girls together soon so you can play together. You were so pooped from all the fun you had at the party that you zonked out in the car about 5 minutes after we left and then we back to sleep after we got home.
 
     Sunday we had a nice quiet day at home. You and I cleaned up the house: we did the dishes and several loads of laundry. Thank you so much for all your help, baby. I don’t know how I would be able to get all those socks matched up without you. We danced in the kitchen while I was making dinner last night; I think that may have been my favorite part of the weekend. I turned on my iTunes and we danced and sang like crazy ladies all around the kitchen. Honey, Honey and Single Ladies are still your favorite songs to sing and dance to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment